If you are fascinated by Egypts rich cultural heritage, this is for you!
This bespoke trip with Kay Taylor and Anne Kingston offers you a unique opportunity to absorb some of Cairo’s fascinating and ancient culture and a ‘not to be missed’ opportunity to be visit the fascinating new Cairo Museum as well as including all the favourite things like seeing bellydancers and shopping. This trip has it all!
- 6 nights B&B at family run Grand Hotel
- Walk round and orientation
- Basic Arabic with Ostaz Salah
- Local lunch of kosherie
- Day at New Egyptian Museum with our guide, Nibal – inc transport and entrance fees
- ‘Old Cairo’ tour. A fascinating insight into the oldest streets in Cairo seeing and visiting some of the most fascinating medieval and Ottoman buildings.
- Tentmakers Bazaar with Kay visiting Mohamed Ali Cistern and the minarets of Bab el Zuwela – entrance fees included.
- Time to shop in Khan el Khalili (Cairos biggest market)
- Geyer Anderson House with Anne – Geyer Anderson house with Anne. The house is now an art museum next to the Ibn Tulun mosque. Owned by an eccentric Englishman, it is noted for being one of the best-preserved examples of 17th-century domestic architecture left in Cairo, and also for its vast collection of furniture, carpets, curio, and other objects.
- Fabulous meal with dance show (Blue Nile and dance Sahar if possible)
- Nile cruise on Scarabee with buffet & dance show with Zara
- Al Azhar Park – chill out time in one of Cairos green spaces
- Visit costumiers for anyone who wants a custom made costume
- Free day for optional activities or to mooch round the local shops
Guided trip with Nibal to the Pyramids – includes transport and entrance fees
Head back to the New Egyptian Museum and take your time to see more
Walk to the Old Egyptian museum and check out the exhibits there
Please read terms and conditions before booking.
Things change quickly in Cairo so it is difficult to make a comprehensive schedule in advance. One will be sent to you – but be aware it may change through the week.
If the UK goes into another lockdown or Egypt is on the red lists, full refunds (minus any bank charges) will be given.
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kay on 0191 245 1570