Discovering Cairo – culture and dance
14 - 20th October 2024
Cairo with Kay Taylor and Sue Baker
Enjoy this bespoke experience in Cairo.
If you want to explore Cairo, the culture and dance, this trip is for you.
Soak up the atmosphere on the streets of Downtown Cairo, explore the culture and ancient artefacts with our guide, Nibal and be inspired by the dancers we see perform in different settings.
- 6 nights B&B in friendly family run 3 star hotel in Downtown Cairo
- Transfer from and to airport
- Useful Arabic class with Ostaz Saleh
- Orientation downtown and kosherie for lunch
- Visit costumiers for custom made costume for those that want.
- Nile cruise with dinner and dance show: Andrea boat to see Zara (or similar)
- New museum of Egyptian civilisation – with Nibal
- Islamic Cairo – walk down one of the oldest streets – visit an old school / mosque – with Nibal.
- Guided walk around the Khan, Egyptian pancakes for lunch – and time to shop – with Kay
- Tannoura – whirling Dervish show.
- Walk through local market to tentmakers bazaar via Mohamed Ali cistern and Cairo old gates
- Night out to the Blue Nile – dinner and show. Hopefully to see Sahar.
- Free day – for optional activities
- Felucca ride – sail down the Nile for an hour……
- Optional activities
- Visit Giza pyramids with Nibal
- Optional extension to Saqarra pyramids
- Additional dance shows
- Dance classes
Please read terms and conditions before booking.
Things change quickly in Cairo so it is difficult to make a comprehensive schedule in advance. One will be sent to you – but be aware it may change through the week.
If the UK goes into another lockdown or Egypt is on the red lists, full refunds (minus any bank charges) will be given.
If you have any questions email [email protected] or call Kay on 0191 245 1570
Book your place now …..