Kay and Yasmina of Cairo have teamed up to bring you this once in a lifetime journey into the heart of Egypts music and dance.
This adventure will send you back in time to glimpse the world of Om Kalthoum and Badia Masabni, take a Nile cruise in a dahabiya to explore the heritage of Upper Egypt’s dance traditions Nubian, Tahtib and Ghawazee, and visit Alexandria in the company of one of it’s most famous dancers.
You will have the chance to gather indepth knowledge on traditions such as the Tannoura and Zar, but also be brought right up to date with today’s oriental dance scene, from one of Cairo’s current stars
This is a once in a lifetime trip into the heart of Egypt’s music and dance culture with Kay and Yasmina
- 12 nights accommodation B&B
- On arrival: 5 or 6 nights in Downtown Cairo at a 3 star family run hotel
- Learn some basic Arabic
- Tour – In the footsteps of Badia Masabne
- The Om Kalthoum Experience
- Meet and take class with one of Cairos top stars
- Cultural Cairo – inc: Tannoura or Zaar, Islamic museum and Mohamed Ali Street
- Dance show – possibly the Blue Nile with Sahar or Margarita OR the Cairo cabaret. If we do both, one will be an optional extra.
- Day Trip to Alexandria with one of its top dancers including a talk on Alexandrias nightlife and a visit to the museum and library.
- Costume shopping – designers and Khan el Khalili
- Flights to Luxor
- 4 night full board Nile cruise on dahabiya (private sailing boat) with our own chef – from Luxor to Aswan
- Guided tours of Esna, Kom Ombo, Karnak and Luxor temples
- Guided trip to the valley of the Kings & Queens
- Meet Khariya Maazin – take a class with her and a saidi band
- Tahtib class with tabla player
- In Aswan:
- 1 night in an Aswan hotel
- Guided trip to the beautiful Philae temple
- Visit a typical Nubian Village
- Nubian dance class with live music
- Nubian museum
- Flights Aswan to Cairo
- 1 or 2 nights accommodation near the pyramids – free day for optional sightseeing
- Om Kalthoum Soiree with our own orchestra and the chance to dress up
- Transfers to and from Cairo airport
This really is the trip of a lifetime.
Maximum numbers: 15
We limit numbers to ensure that everyone gets the maximum from the trip…. and this is the maximum we can fit on the Dahabiyya.
Kay, Yasmina and Nibal are with you to ensure everything runs smoothly and that you get the most from the experience.
Booking: A £200 deposit is required to book your place. You are welcome to make part payments through the year. £1595 is due by 30th September 2024, £800 cash is due on arrival in Cairo.
If there is a significant drop in exchange rate or a price rise beyond our control, there may be a supplement added nearer the time. If there is, you will have the option to cancel without loosing your deposit.
Designed to experience and apply the information in ‘Bellydance Music Explored‘ and ‘Bellydance Heritage’ courses run by ‘Bellydance Now’. We recommend dancers study these as they will inform many of your experiences. This trip is ‘highly recommended’ by BellyDance Now, the UK’s most prestigious bellydance training organisation.
All monies are held separately until the trip takes place. See Terms and conditions for cancellation policy. In the event of any political unrest and the Foreign Office have advised ‘Essential Travel Only’ full refunds (minus bank charges) on the holiday will be given. Also in the event of a pandemic lockdown full refunds minus and bank charges. Farida Adventures are not responsible for any money paid on flights. We always advise that you take out holiday insurance.
Please contact us or ring 0191 245 1570 Mon – Fri 9.30am – 4.30pm if you have any questions.
Pay your deposit to secure your place NOW!