A family run festival with live music at its heart.
Celebration of live music on outskirts of Cairo with Safaa Farid & his band ‘Feret el Negum’
Safaa Farid, singer, band leader and impresario believes the quintessential way for Middle Eastern dance to show it full richness and variety is when dancers and musicians create something unique together.
Safaa is director of Camp Negum with many years of experience working with dancers.
Below is a glimpse at last years Camp Negum. Excerpts from the opening gala show.
Camp Negum gives dancers the opportunity to dance with live music both in class and on stage. Camp Negum is not just about performing though, it is about enjoying live music and dancing to it in a social setting with other people who love live music too.
- 5 nights accommodation in a shared room in our resort hotel with pool
- Half board – breakfast and evening meal included
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Opening Gala with amazing entertainment
- All tuition with a range of inspirational teachers
- Live music in some classes
- Q&A session with Safaa Farid and musicians
- Create your own tabla solo & record it
- Option to perform with live music in our Friday showcase / competition
- Optional Competitions with rehearsal
- This is for you if:
- You love live music
- You want to develop your understanding of Arabic music
- You like a challenge
- You want to develop your dance
- You want to discover the joy of live music
- You need some inspiration for your dance
Prices for this trip are in US dollars.
Our website is based in the UK – so we ask for £80 sterling deposit which is $100. The exchange rate does vary. This deposit is fully refundable if you change your mind within 28 days of booking. After that, it is non refundable.
50% of the balance is due on 1st June 2020 – $440 – details of payment will be sent in confirmation letter.
The balance of $440 will be due on arrival in Cairo.
Optional: performing with band or entering the competition: an additional $35 – this includes a rehearsal with the band to agree the start / end of your piece and a run through of the whole number. The rehearsal is Thursday evening. The Showcase / competition is on Friday afternoon and will be filmed.
This trip is ideal for those who love live music, an informal and friendly atmosphere and want to immerse themselves in Egyptian music at it’s best.