Camp Negum 2024
21st - 26th October 2024
A festival with live music at it's heart based in a resort hotel on the outskirts of Cairo
If you want to join us in 2024 book your place now.
DETAILS FOR 2024 WILL BE UPDATED SOON – we are just finalising teachers, workshops etc.
BELOW ARE DETAILS FOR 2023 to give you an idea of what to expect.
Camp Negum is a celebration of live music on outskirts of Cairo with Safaa Farid & the Negum band.
Safaa Farid, singer, band leader and impresario believes the quintessential way for Middle Eastern dance to show it full richness and variety is when dancers and musicians create something unique together.
Safaa is director of Camp Negum with many years of experience working with dancers.
Below is a glimpse at last years Camp Negum. Excerpts from the opening gala show.
Camp Negum gives dancers the opportunity to dance with live music both in class and on stage. Camp Negum is not just about performing though, it is about enjoying live music and dancing to it in a social setting with other people who love live music too.
Aida Nour is bringing her bazaar with a whole new range of designs specially for Camp Negum at amazing prices.
- 5 nights accommodation in a shared room in our resort hotel with pool. Arrive Monday 21st October 2024. Depart Saturday 26th October 2024
- Half board – breakfast and evening meal included
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Gala show with amazing entertainment & performers. And time to dance your heart out to live music.
- All 20+ hours of tuition with a range of inspirational teachers
- Live music in many classes
- Q&A session with Safaa Farid and musicians
- Create your own tabla solo & record it
- Option to perform with live music in our Friday showcase
- Optional Competitions with rehearsal
- Party night with performances too!
- Trip to the Khan el Khalili (Cairos biggest market) and the Tannoura show (whirling dervish show with amazing musicians). Transfers / lunch included
- Optional 2 day extension with trip to the New Egyptian museum which will (inshallah) be open by then!
- This is for you if:
- You love live music
- You want to develop your understanding of Arabic music
- You like a challenge
- You want to develop your dance
- You want to discover the joy of live music
- You need some inspiration for your dance
- Join Kay in Downtown Cairo….. the week before to see lots of dance and do lots of sightseeing.
- Extend your trip for 2 days after to add sightseeing of your choice. Email Kay for options / prices.
Optional: performing with band or entering the competition: an additional £40 – this includes a rehearsal with the band to agree the start / end of your piece and a run through of the whole number. The rehearsal is Thursday evening. The Showcase / competition is on Friday afternoon and will be filmed.
This trip is ideal for those who love live music, an informal and friendly atmosphere and want to immerse themselves in Egyptian music at its best.
21st – 26th October 2024