Essence of Egypt November 2022
7 - 18th November 2022
Cairo, Luxor, Aswan & Alexandria
Kay and Yasmina of Cairo have teamed up to bring you this once in a lifetime journey into the heart of Egypts music and dance.
This adventure will send you back in time to glimpse the world of Om Kalthoum and Badia Masabni, take a Nile cruise to explore the heritage of Upper Egypt’s dance traditions Nubian, Tahtib and Ghawazee, and visit Alexandria in the company of one of it’s most famous dancers.
You will have the chance to gather indepth knowledge on traditions such as the Tannoura and Zar, but also be brought right up to date with today’s oriental dance scene, from one of Cairo’s current stars
This is a once in a lifetime trip into the heart of Egypt’s music and dance culture with Kay and Yasmina.
Designed to experience and apply the information in ‘Bellydance Music Explored‘ and ‘Bellydance Heritage’ courses run by ‘Bellydance Now’. We recommend dancers study these as they will inform many of your experiences.
- 11 nights accommodation B&B
- 3 of these nights full board on a spectacular Nile Cruise
- Flights to Aswan
- Guided trip to the beautiful Philae temple
- Visit a typical Nubian Village
- Nubian demonstration / dance class
- Nile cruise Aswan to Luxor
- Guided tours of Edfu, Kombucha Ombo, Karnak and Luxor temples
- Guided trip to the valley of the Kings & Queens
- Meet Khariya Maazin – take a class with her
- Tahtib demonstration & talk & class with saidi band
- Flights Luxor to Cairo
- Learn some basic Arabic
- Tour – In the footsteps of Badia Masabne
- The Om Kalthoum Experience
- Meet and take class with one of Cairos top stars
- Cultural Cairo – inc: Tannoura, Zaar, Islamic museum and Mohamed Ali Street
- Cairo Cabaret
- Om Kalthoum Soiree
- Day Trip to Alexandria with one of it’s top dancers.
- Costume shopping – designers and Khan el Khalili
- Transfers to and from Cairo airport
This really is the trip of a lifetime.
Limited spaces – book your place now.
Booking: A £200 deposit is required to book your place. You are welcome to make part payments through the year. £1185 is due by 30th June 2022, £600 cash is due on arrival in Cairo plus any single supplement.
See Terms and conditions for cancellation policy.In the event of any political unrest and the Foreign Office have advised ‘Essential Travel Only’ full refunds on the holiday will be given, however Farida Adventures are not responsible for any money paid on flights. We always advise that you take out holiday insurance.
Please contact us or ring 0191 245 1570 – Mon – Fri 9.30am – 4.30pm if you have any questions.